“And if music could be seen?” was the premise from which Muvi - International Music Film Festival was born, the only Portuguese specific music film festival, returning to Cinema São Jorge for its fourth edition from November 15th to 20th 2017.
Around 2.000 people attended the first edition of the festival – from September 3rd to 7th 2014 – with 78 films shown, four concerts/lectures and four djsets.
In the second edition, from December 1st to 7th 2015, around 3.200 attended the 192 films shown (in between features, shorts, music videos and special sessions), seven concerts, four exhibitions and four presentations.
In the third edition, from November 29 to December 5, 5,500 people witnessed the exhibition of 200 films (between feature, short, music videos, special sessions and retrospectives, some with the presence of special guests), seven concerts , two film-concerts, five exhibitions and nine free sessions / presentations.
FWD COOP cultural cooperative with the help of friends and your precious contribute through this crowd-funding platform funded the three editions.
Explaining the project:
We have structured a line-up with three distinct parts:
- National & International Competitive Sections with feature and short films, documentaries, biopics, and music videos produced from December 2016.
- Non-Competitive Section curated by FWD Coop Cultural Cooperative team combining ephemeris within the music industry.
- Side Events like Exhibitions, Parties, Workshops and Showcases.
Our goal is to promote and achieve the perfect synergy in order to display the best global music cinema production, ensuring the maximum involvement of the audience who enjoy music and film besides, obviously, music and film industry. This way we hope to promote the creation of thematic Portuguese motion pictures - hundreds of music films are produced each year.
The main objective is that Muvi becomes a reference for this type of film in order to serve as a springboard to Portuguese artists, promoting their works in Portugal and internationally, through partnerships with festivals of identical philosophy. Adjust your look: the tune has changed.
A project of this nature is complex and requires a solid team where we highlight the following action points:
- Competitive Section (National and International) with films in competition + selection committee of the films
- Films for non-competitive sections
- Translation and subtitling of films
- Converting movies to DCP (Digital Cinema Package)
- Design + copywriting Printing and production of graphic elements
- Sponsoring, communication, marketing and media relations
- Volunteers during the days of the festival
- Webdesign + festival site development
- Organization, programming and production of the festival
- Distribution of flyers, posters
- Photography, videos and promotional teasers for the press
- Showcases, workshops, exhibitions, parties
With an estimated reduced budget mostly because we are working with internal resources:
- Competitive Section (National and International) with films in competition + selection committee of the films = 0 €
- Films for non-competitive sections = 300 €
- Showcases, workshops, exhibitions, parties = 700 €
- Translation and subtitling of films = 400 €
- Converting movies to DCP (Digital Cinema Package) = 0 €
- Design + copywriting = 0 €
- Printing and production of graphic elements = € 1.000
- Sponsoring, communication, marketing and media relations = € 0
- Volunteers during the days of the festival = € 100
- (catering) Webdesign + festival site development = € 0
- Organization, programming and production of the festival = € 0
- Distribution of flyers, posters = € 0
- Photography, videos and promotional teasers for the press = 0 €
Estimated total = 2.500 €
Your support through crowd-funding worth of 1.000 € will ease the graphic production cost - brochures, diptychs, catalogs, flyers, posters, billboards, etc.
16/10/2017 - 11:44
16/10/2017 - 11:42
16/10/2017 - 11:40
14/10/2017 - 07:51
12/10/2017 - 15:46
09/10/2017 - 00:11
08/10/2017 - 08:58
06/10/2017 - 11:00
04/10/2017 - 09:54
04/10/2017 - 09:53
04/10/2017 - 09:52
29/09/2017 - 19:28
28/09/2017 - 15:57
27/09/2017 - 12:44
26/09/2017 - 17:25
26/09/2017 - 13:38
26/09/2017 - 13:37